In 2023, the Houlgate European Film Festival returns for the 22th edition with always the same objective: to promote European film production.
What is the Houlgate European Film Festival?
Established in 2002 at Houlgate, one of the 3 seaside resorts in Normandy Cabourg Pays d'Auge, the european film festival is a cultural and quality autumn meeting allowing young and old, young and old, to discover cinematographic works in their original version with French subtitles, in a seaside setting with timeless charm.
The hallmark of the festival
Original, eclectic and avant-garde, these are the particularities of the festival. Each year, its role is to highlight European productions, ranging from Western Europe to Eastern Europe.
4 directors will be present this year
- Projection of “The Rapture” by Iris Kaltenbäck, in his presence, Friday October 20 at 20:30 p.m.
- Screening of “ Marie-Line and her judge » in the presence of Jean-Pierre Améris and Murielle Magellan, Saturday October 21 at 20:30 p.m.
- Julien Carpentier, director of “ My mother's life », will attend the screening of his film, Monday 23 October at 20h30
- Meeting with Anna Novion, director of “ Marguerite's theorem » before the screening of the film, Tuesday, October 24 at 18:30 a.m.
In addition to showing short films and previews, the festival also focuses on the film industry. Actors, directors and critics lend themselves to the game of “film lessons” by exchanging with the spectators and explaining to them the tricks and the backstage of their profession.
Finally, a pass worth €40 allows you to attend all the screenings. Tickets are €6,5.
A little extra to know: a wine tasting will be offered after the screening of “Vigneronnes” by Guillaume Bodin, session at 18 p.m. on October 18, 2023.
The figures of the festival :
- a 256-seat cinema;
- 25 films (and as many screenings);
- 15 previews;
- sessions for children;
- meetings with professionals.
Projection of art videos
Art videos are broadcast under the direction of The Eye of Oodaaq, in addition to films and short films. Oodaaq is an association from Rennes that forged the concept of nomadic and poetic images. It is a reflection on the status of images today and the valorization of alternative forms and formats such as photographs, performances, drawings, paintings, and new media.